Sunday, June 16, 2013

Heading to Nairobi

On the plane, I opened Loewe's gift. :  ) She is so caring. She gave me a bear travel with me. Now I have a buddy in this journey. I then open up the letter. My tear came. I felt so touching. She reminded me different things and be enjoy the trip. She really growth up.

The flight landed in Dubai at 4:30am, then I wait for over 6 hours transition time. Lucky, I met Patrick and then met Dino. Three of us take the same flight to Nairobi. We arrived Nairobi at around 4:30pm. Kevin Kathua, DOT CSC Kenya Program Manager, has been waiting for us. He stayed in the airport all day long to pick each member.

We took another 2 hours 20 mins drive to the CountryHouse Inn hotel. In fact, the distance is not long but traffic jam becomes a problem. While we were down the road, we saw many Kenyan walk aside the road. We found out that people prefer walking so to avoid traffic. So some people might 2-3 hours walk to go home. No wonder Kenyan is really good at Marathon.

We also saw many people selling things on road such as newspaper, banana, orange, ball, and event pillow, leather bag and leather jacket. It was amazing!

We finally arrived hotel in the evening. Each of us has a single room in simple and clean. Every one of us was so tired and we went to our room after dinner.

We flied from all over the word include Australia, Canada, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Africa and US. It was nice to meet each other in this special city.

No comments:

Post a Comment