Monday, July 8, 2013

Visit Pauline my Kenyan buddy

On Sunday, Pauline invited me visit her home and have a dinner. I was glad to have a chance to visit the Kenyan family and feel the Kenyan culture. Pauline pick me up from the hotel and drive to her home. Lucky there was no traffic and takes only 15 mins.

She lives in a 3 stories apartment. It is a big apartment. I believe the size is more than 200m2. A big dinning room, open kitchen, 4 bedrooms with 3 big balcony. Her bedroom is same as my flat. Her kitchen store room is same as my bedroom. Her sofa is double-size as my sofa. So nice! I should take pictures of her home but I didn’t.

Pauline showed her wedding video and shared her wedding pictures to me. Their marriage was using Kenyan traditional wedding ceremony. Since the couple is from two tributes. They have two culture celebration plus Catholics’s wedding ceremony. I can imagine how wonderful in her wedding. Her photo album captures the joy and happiness in wedding ceremony and parties. It is totally different from HK. I am glad to be able shared their joy.

Pauline cooked a traditional Kenyan dinner. The food is simple. Beef, vegetable and something call Omali. It looks like a mashed potato. The tastes like flour.

This is my dish. The eating format is hand. It is my first time have meal with a hand. Not bad. I didn't mess up.

Here is Pauline's family. Pauline, Nobert (her husand) and the boy behind us is Sean (her son).
 
The baby is her niece.

I have a wonderful time at her home. Thank you Pauline.

No comments:

Post a Comment